Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Ese Oruru And Her Abductor Flown To Abuja

It will be a grave mistake if the abductor of
this girl, Yunusa, is set free without using the
proper means of the law to puinish him for
such action. It will also send a very wrong
message to others that use religion to abduct
little girls and abuse them, and later claim
that they have been converted into Islam.
Then, they force them to claim of speaking out
of their volition, when they are clearly minors
and cannot speak on their own on such
subject matters.


KANO – The Bayelsa-born teenager, Miss Ese
Oruru and her alleged abductor, Yunusa
were Tuesday morning, flown to Abuja by
the office of the Assistant Inspector General
of Police Zone 1.
Police spokesman, Rabilu Ringim told
Vanguard on telephone that the duo were
taken to the Inspector General of Police, who
will handover the 14 years old girl to her
family.
Ese Rabilu said "the girl and the boy have
been flown to Abuja headquarters of the
Nigeria Police for proper handing over to her
parents". The spokesman was however silent
on the fate of Yunusa, the alleged abductor ,
who was flown to Abuja with Ese.
I'm grateful—FATHER The girl's father, Mr.
Charles Oruru, who spoke to Vanguard in
Yenagoa, yesterday said: "Without the
support of the media and civil society groups,
there is nothing I could have done. Left to the
police, the matter would have died a natural
death and she would have been lost in Kano.
We are praying for her return so that we can
all celebrate. "If they bring my daughter back
successfully, I will be very happy. I am like a
fish out of water. I have not been myself
since she was forcibly taken away from us.
"Whenever I think of her, I shed tears.
She is only a minor. She was taken away
when she was 13 years old, but she is now
14. I do not have many children and the few
I have, I make sure I take good care of them
because I know they will be great in future."
Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment