Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I Made Jonathan President Because I Believe It Will Strengthen Up Democracy – Obasanjo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has explained why he
helped Goodluck Jonathan become President of Nigeria in
2011.
Speaking during an interview session with VANGUARD
Obasanjo said, "I believe that Nigeria politics will be
strengthened even more if we have the opportunity to allow
the minority in its own right to emerge as President, and I do
not have any apology for anybody because the purpose I
wanted Nigeria to achieve had been achieved.
That any Nigerian can become president, it is not a regret for
Nigeria and for me because Nigeria gave him that
opportunity, he used, abused, misused as he wished and at
the appropriate time, Nigerians said thank you for what you
have done and what you have not done and Nigeria said bye
bye, which is the beauty of democracy".

No comments:

Post a Comment